Changing Amperage Setting?

I have a Lincoln Electric AC-225 stick welder. The manual isn't exactly clear about this, so I figured I would ask to be sure. Is it safe to turn the "dial" for the amperage WHILE the welder is on? Not while I am actually trying to weld something -- I mean PHYSICALLY in the process of it. I have been turning the unit off to change the amperage, and this just seems to be more work than required. Is it necessary to shut the unit off before changing the dial to a different amperage?

Reply to
Tom Martinello

No.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Alright! Great! Thanks, I appreciate knowing this now. It will save me some time. The switch on the welder should last me longer now, too.

Reply to
Tom Martinello

Reply to
Roy J

Alright. It is great to know this now. The manual that came with the welder doesn't seem very informative. :) It almost appears to say you can and can't change the dial, depending on where you are reading in the book. I know if you are using that arc torch, you are not supposed to move the dial, or at least it seems to be saying that. So, I figured I better ask before I break my welder. :)

Reply to
Tom Martinello

Machine on - not welding = you may change the setting.

Machine on - welding = you should NOT change the setting.

Reply to
Zorro