Choices

Wow , TIG filler rod sure is cheap . And the shipping charges sure are a
rip !! If you had to choose just one filler for aluminum and one for
stainless , what would your choices be ? I know there is a "best" filler for
each type/alloy that's weldable , but which is/are useful in the most cases
?
--
Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs
For Aluminum I would go for 4043.
For Stainless I would go for 309L.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
I will send you a little stainless tig rod. Several types and diameters.
The 309L is very high nickel and Chrome, so good for most any stainless welding. The only drawback is it is also very high price. But if you were only going to have one type, great choice.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
I appreciate the offer ! A neighbor - the guy I've been doing some machining for - also offered a few sticks of aluminum and stainless . He usually buys in bulk , I'll probably just tack a pound or 3 onto his next order . Thanks also to Ernie , when I do order it'll be the 2 you recommended . If I need something special I'l just have to order it and let the customer absorb the cost . -- Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs
It is an offer you can not refuse. Wait until you get the package before you order any rods.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Well , gee , that's fersure an offer I can't refuse ! I'd be happy to pay the postage , do you have a paypal or other way I can send you some funds ? I'll send you my address , is the reply-to address on your post good ?
Reply to
Terry Coombs
The reply address is no good. I will put my email address on the back of the shipping label.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Should arrive next Tuesday according to the postmistress.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Dan , did you send those to Memphis ? Not a problem , as I'll be there early next week , but I spend a lot more time in Mountain View these days .
Reply to
Terry Coombs
Sent to a post office box in Mountain View.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
OK , they'll forward it to my rural mailbox . Thanks again !!
Reply to
Terry Coombs
^5 !!!
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Did it arrive?
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Hasn't yet ... was that PO box #971? In a previous post you mentioned tracking , might be a good idea to see where it is if you have a number ... and they do have a COA form that's less than 6 mo old .
Reply to
Terry Coombs
That was p.O. Box 971. I will have a look for the postage receipt.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
If it doesn't arrive today I'll run into town to the post office and inquire . They should have forwarded it , dunno what's up with the delay .
Reply to
Terry Coombs
Talked to my mail carrier today , he'll see if he can find my package . Says they're less than efficient at the local branch of the USPS ...
Reply to
Terry Coombs