cutting 4130 tube, what works best?

What is your experience and how do you guys cut 4130 tubing. band saw, dry saw etc. Any particular models that work well. I'd be looking at anyting up to

750.00.
Reply to
<hoalliy

A dry-cut chop saw is vert clean and accurate.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Depending on the size and the heat treat, I use my $200 bandsaw. Works fine as long as the hardness is reasonable.

Brian

dry saw etc. Any particular models that work well. I'd be looking at anyting up to 750.00.

Reply to
Brian

dry saw etc. Any particular models that work well. I'd be looking at anyting up to 750.00.

I use a 4x6 horizontal bandsaw with a bi-metal blade 18TPI. I use this setup fairly regularly with no problems.

Thanks, jw

James Walsh Jr.

Thanks for your respone guys! What type of brands to you prefer. If you had to do it over, is there something else that you would prefer.

Btw, the thickness materials i'll be cutting is from .049-.250 wall thickness as well as solid 1 inch bar.

Reply to
<hoalliy

--For stuff with a .250" wall you might want to consider getting a cold saw. There are some new ones on the market that go for less than $1,000. IIRC I saw two different brands at WESTEC back in March.

Reply to
steamer