Ernie and Reynolds 531

I have welded a frame for a 1967 Ferrari. It was 4130 Chrome/moly tube. I used Hastelloy W, but Inconel 625 would also work.

Keep amperage as low as possible.

The aerospace alloys like Hastelloys, Inconels, Haynes Alloys, and others are Nickle based super alloys. They melt at lower temperatures than steel and bond to damn near anything iron, nickle, or cobalt based.

Hmm, I have O/A and was thinking of brazingit whileit was still on the ca (firmly bolted to attachment points to keep alignment). any thoughts on this?

Also have friend with Mig. But I thought that this would not work.

I suppose I can scratch around and find a stick machine if I have to.

thanks, Tenant

Reply to
tenant

Brazing will work. A lot of older brittish race car frames were gas brazed with a Nickle bronze filler.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Reply to
David Billington