gasoline cutting torch (2023 Update)

Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even. Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I built !!

Terry

Reply to
Terry Kangas

Google it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

I can say two things:

I have heard of them.

I have never seen or used one of them.

I'll wait for comments from people with actual experience.

Does sound like one MOFO of a cutting torch, though, doesn't it? I have seen a "burning bar" in action, and those are awesome.

Steve

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I am working on just such a blaster, but for gophers. Can you tell me what sort of problems you had? I know they're dangerous. I've worked with underwater explosives and understand that there is a risk in anything explosive, no matter how careful you are.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Look

it is cheap so You can test it by Yourself.

Reply to
Vedran Preseèki

Reply to
jp2express

I think that it should be tryed...

Reply to
Vedran Preseèki

Just that I get enlightened, what is the actual diff between "European style" and "Asian style" cutting torch?

Regards,

Camilo Ramos

Reply to
Camilo Ramos

Sounds like a blow torch!

Forced O2.

I have seen diesel oxygen - that is bad - used to torch rocks... Shatter surfaces.

Mart> Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I will be impressed when they come out with a Gasoline/compressed air cutting torch. In the mean time I will just drool over plasma cutters.

John Roncallo

Reply to
Anonymous

Like this?

Wudsracer

Reply to
RoyJ

The one I have seen demoed is called a Petrogen torch. No real advantage over propane if you have propane available.

The gasoline is pressurized to 15 psi, using an air compressor.. No more dangerous than a tank of liquid propane.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

therapy was, for me, incredibly effective for a wide variety of serious disorders as well as for mild disorders such as headaches, colds, indigestion, etc. For more information on using homeopathy with urine therapy, you can also refer to the book I've written Healing Yourself with Homeopathy.

External Uses of Urine Therapy Skin Applications

Applying urine to the skin is an excellent treatment for every imaginable type of skin disorder including all rashes, eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc. The urea in urine, as the research studies demonstrated, is also excellent for cosmetic use as an overall skin beautifier and moisturizer.

  1. Use either fresh or old urine for skin applications, although old urine has a higher ammonia content and has been found to be more effective in treating many stubborn skin disorders such as eczema or psoriasis.

  1. When treating skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, rashes, etc. pour a small amount of urine onto a cotton ball or pad and pat or massage it lightly onto the affected area, making sure that the area is well saturated.

  2. Discard the pad and saturate another clean pad with fresh urine and reapply, lightly patting and soaking the affected area. Continue reapplying in this manner for 5-10 minutes or as many times as desired

- the more that the affected area is treated, the better.

  1. Secure a clean soaked pad to the affected area with a gauze or cotton ~vrap and leave secured for several hours for additional healing. These urine packs are also incredibly effective for any type of insect sting, bite or poison oak or ivy. (See Urine Packs and Compresses).

  1. Another method is to pour old or fresh urine into

Reply to
me

dose of urine therapy and a good diet. Also, never allow yourself to become consistently exhausted or overtired. Consistent proper rest is much more crucial to health than most people realize. And once you have recovered fit>m a majorillness, you must be extremely vigilant in getting abundant rest and relaxation. I have seen many instances in which people completely cure them-selves of even 'incurable' diseases through urine therapy and natural healing and remain well far a number of years, only to completely undo all the good they've accomplished by over-confidently pushing themselves to extremes in their work or recreation. One of the saddest examples of this error that I know of was the case of a young, bright, determined AIDS patient who had completely cured himself of all visible and clinical evidence of the disease, but subse-quently consistently and relentlessly overworked at his demanding corporate job. Eventually, he fell ill, relapsed and was not able to recover. However, in another case, a person who had recovered from a seriousillness experienced a relapse from overexertion, but complete rest and intense urine therapy led to an excellent recovery. But why put your-self through that ordeal and risk the chance of seriously undermining your body's hard-won repair work?

Assiduous urine therapy can give you such renewed vigor and energy, that it's easy to become overconfident and overdo, which, is not

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Now our user names are being hijacked.

Here is the org statement on the full header...

for Aloysius the parliament's mild, up me it's redundant, whereas with respect to you it's catching tory

Strange Org.

Someone is playing around with scrip files and generating spam.

Martin

Mart> dose of urine therapy and

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

helenxu96 had written this in response to

:

Helne Xu

------------------------------------- Bob F wrote:

I learned this kind of cutting torch from

It says that it can save fuel cost 80-90% for metal cutting job. I don't know it is true or not.

Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - sci.engr.joining.welding - 14111 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
helenxu96

We have a Petrogen gasoline/o2 torch at my fire dept on the heavy rescue truck. I've got no hands on time but I'm told it cuts well but needs to be cleaned often. As I understand it guys that have no other cutting torch expearence like it, guys that have used acetylene / propane / O2 are not that impressed. The appeal for the fire service is the fuel, we already carry gasoline for saws and generators.

AndrewV

Reply to
EIsmith

Wow! I just watched the sales video on the Petrogen site, and it looks pretty impressive. Much cheaper and easier to fill, since you can just skip down to your local gasoline carrying mini-mart.

Interesting, and thank you for brining it up!

Reply to
TinLizziedl

Gas is gas. Sooner or later, there's going to be some sort of fire. How big a fire is the only question. I have heard of these, but never seen one. But when I hear the word "gasoline", my eyebrows raise a little bit, and I'm put at a higher level of alertness. Too many things can happen with gas, and they're all potentially bad. Acet and propane also are pretty volatile, but I think I am more cautious about gas than those.

Just me.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book