Hey Ernie - Miller 212

So far the 212 is doing what I had hoped. Its a pretty darn awesome machine.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

Did I say this thing was freaking awesome? This machine is freaking awesome!!! I just finished welding some 1/4" tension straps on some aluminnum ramps, and all I can say is wow. This was really easy. I mean really really easy. The ramps are parrallel curved rectangular tube rated for 2500 pounds (per pair of ramps). With an actual 2500 pound piece of equipment rolling up and down them a couple times I could see them starting to straighten out. Hence the tension straps on each side. Wow. No I didn't get perfect welds, but only because I could not keep the gun straight and steady the full length of my welds. Still, this is some pretty cool stuff.

My limitations are quickly becoming my own skills and steadiness of hand. It will be a long long long long time before I push the limits of this machine.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

Back when it was the Millermatic 185 and the Spoolmatic 185 combo I sold many of my students at South Seattle on it, and they were all very happy.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Well, I thank you. This machine will do almost anything I have a concept of doing in the immediate future. I am going to have to actually practice a bit on steel. My few practice beads on steel have made a decent looking but rather large and outward rounded bead. I think I may be moving to slow on that as well, but like I said... practice and experimentation. I'm so used to using an under powered machine that it will take some retraining.

Reply to
Bob La Londe