Hey Ernie, sealcore substitute?

I got my gold dymidium glasses in the mail, but my local vendor is Airco and doesn't want to place a $200 order with Esab to get me the flux core filler. They tried to sell Harris brand stuff to me that says it is for aluminum brazing, and they admit they have no clients gas welding aluminum, but say it will work, same story with fluxes. Should I pay the freight and have Esab filler shipped to me, or is there another flux core brand you recommend?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

never mind. My supplier sent me something they thought would do, in spite of what i told them I wanted they sent samples of zinc brazing rod.

I am going to drop in on Kent White (Tin Man) friday and buy his flux when i go to pick up a 27 Willys Overland nearby. That will allow me to use sheared strips of the parent metal as the filler.

Reply to
Stupendous Man