High-tech Metal Finishes

Has anyone tried any of these folk's stuff? Someone mentioned it to me and it looks interesting:

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Not these ranges, but the brand is well known (although they're not my favourite)

IMHO, none of these low-temperature processes are really of much use. None of them are a patch on the hot processes, even though they're obviously easier to work with.

If you're a production environment, you can deal with the awkwardness of heating it.

If you're a high-end craft process, then you have to do it right.

If you're just looking for something to leave on the garage shelf for occasional use, then think about these "convenient" processes.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Isn't alot of jewlery and bronze statuary treated with a cold patina? I've got a book, the The Colouring, Bronzing and Patination of Metals by Richard Hughes, which I'm told is a tomb for non-ferrous types, and it covers many cold concotions. Granted, they are rather potent chemicals.

Reply to
Ed

Excellent book. It covers relatively few cold concoctions. Most of them are hot, and some of them are quite long duration boilings.

Reply to
Andy Dingley