Hobbyist needs help

Hi, I am an hobbyist and wont to learn to silver braze small parts, less than 1/2 lbs. I have Googled and yellow paged to find a welding supply store near Austin TX but no luck.

Anyone know of a store that sell brazing supplies and perhaps give some simple directions.

I have not tried yet but I have a TS4000 torch that can burn MAPP gas, is that OK? The flame has about four tongues and does not look right to me, is there a need for a different tip?

Thanks Mauro

Reply to
MG

I live in Austin and would be happy to show you how to braze. I have done a fair amount of brazing, and along with a small oxy/fuel setup, I also have MIG and TIG welders.

How small are the parts? I have a 'Little Torch' which is designed for very small parts. I have no knowledge or experience with MAPP however.

I live in NW Austin, and am available most weekends. Send me an email at emmo at austin dot rr dot com and lets get together...

Reply to
Emmo