A cheapo idea similar to a "tig-Pen"

Hey guys, While cutting down some carbon fiber arrows for hunting I wound up with a bunch of 6" or so hollow shaft remnants (Les than 3"16 od). This got me thinking. I put a filler rod through the hollow shaft and I'm able to just raise my index finger and allow a little bit of rod to slip through easily. I found this a real help when manipulating rod for long stretches and it makes working with gloves on high amperage work a LOT easier on the hands and I don't get discomfort or cramping.-You know the pains of manipulating or slipping filler rod. I just hold it like a pen (As a matter of fact, a stripped down Bic pen would work just as well.) I just accidentally found this and it works. I thought I'd share my "find" and if anyone wants a piece of the carbon fiber rods let me know, I can shoot you one no cost via mail. The good thing inherent with the Carbon material is it is very, very heat resistant whereas I think a striped out pen might melt.

All the best fellas,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

So use a metal tube ? Neat idea BTW.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Good idea Steve. A piece of hard brake line would work great. I just had the carbon stuff on the floor and I just had one of those far-too-infrequent ideas pop into the ol' melon.....