HTP America

The people at HTP America, Inc. helped me out on my Century 160 for my aluminum welding devours as well as a few other things. Go to their site and order or ask questions. Nice folks....

Jeff Noland HTP America, Inc.

1-800-USA-WELD
snipped-for-privacy@htpweld.com
Reply to
Abby Normal

Hmmmmm... Abby Normal = Jeff Noland? This doesn't look kosher.

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.

Nah...I've talked to Jeff for hours...he's not the type to use these groups. I did a quick bit of research for Abby Normal and saw many posts in other welding groups with this one being the only one mentioning HTP.

Jamie Arnold

Since when do you go to their site and order? There is no online ordering or prices, only a phone number. I have talked with Jeff and his employees and they don't know what a newsgroup is, no less post a phony message. They are a good company, import/assemble high quality products and provide good customer service. They also will "bargain" with you on the price. Aby Normal YES, but Jeff Noland ? I don't think so. Maybe a joker or a jerk posting this for kicks. I own and use Miller and HTP and give them both an A+.

Just my .02 Roy

Reply to
Spam Hater

I checked out the prices and phoned in the order. You are correct - you can't order online. And, as for a connection between me (Abby Normal) and Jeff Nolan - there is none. I talked with him via email about what I needed because I have no clue when it comes to welding. He answered my questions with complete professionalism and accuracy. He was the "only" one that I had communicated with that actually was able to help. Therefore, I thought it may be appropriate to just state some good words about him and HTP for that purpose only. Don't read anything into it because neither of us are politicians. It is just that simple. He helped me out, HTP was good to me, and their prices are good and I stated that. Nothing more and less. Please don't take this and turn it into a liberal political arena. This site will end up being like all the rest of the news groups where unnecessary crap and rhetoric end up trashing them.

BTW, I use anormal as a handle because of spam - no more and no less.

Reply to
Abby Normal

I don't think anyone is trying to make it a political arena. The words in your original post were very good. It was the way you ended your post that made me suspicious, it looked like Jeff Noland posted the message. Honest companies are not easy to find and those of us who have dealt with them try to protect their reputation from being ruined. It just looked like HTP was spamming the group. Perhaps you will look at your post and see what I and others saw. I am very happy that you posted your reply explaining who you are and that you are not pretending to be Jeff. In my eyes you are also honest since you now have cleared this up. My (welding) hat is off to you.

my 2nd .02. I am now broke Roy

Reply to
Spam Hater

I bought an HTP MIG 120 from Jeff Nolan and I will definitely agree that he is a joy to do business with. I had a few issues with my machine when it arrived ( I told him that it must have been a 'Monday built' machine) and he guided me through the necessary steps that I had to take, Emailed my photos, and sent me an $85 'consumables' kit for my trouble, free of charge. He has since followed up to make sure that everything was still OK. Does your business do that??

Reply to
glenf

Thank you for the understanding. I too am a spam hater and that is why I use this return email address for news groups. All the email to this account goes into a mailbox that never is monitored.

I do computers for a living and recently restored a 55 Chevy (which I sold before it was finished)

That is where I learned to weld (or tried to learn anyway). I had to do so much of it that I ended up trading a bunch of computer equipment for a Century MIG 160. Now that the 55 is gone, and my garage is open for home repairs or most anything, I thought I would try learning how to use my welder for other things besides a table top for storing junk. My 15 year old son is also learning along with me. My first stop for advice and divulgence of expert knowledge was this news group where there are some experts hanging out. I know the post I made did look like HTP spamming the group but I assure you that it is and was not. I only posted the information because it was true and they helped me out a lot. I ordered a catalog from them when I first got my welder. They supply some items for Century welders and the catalog was nicely done. I decided to email him and ask some questions. The news groups are a good source but the validation of expertise should be questioned. I got advice and being ignorant about the subject, had to question it with a "known reliable" source before proceeding.

Almost everyone in the group that had something to say were all correct to some extent. HTP is a place to go for verification, parts, service, and almost all welding needs. If someone takes care of me right I don't forget. Adversely, if they treat me bad - I don't forget that either. No, it was not spam - just simple honest truth to the best of my belief.

Bill

Reply to
Abby Normal

Reply to