LF/WTB: 220V MIG variac supply and welding resale fluctation advice on fair market value

If any of you have a used 220V MIG with a variable power supply that's taking up room, please get in touch so we can chat. Yes, I know this isn't the place for these listings and I do apologize. Perhaps you more seasoned professionals could point me to some decent classifieds that would have machines like Lincoln 175 Plus, Miller 175s, Hobart Handlers (did they ever make a variac supply for this machine?).

What would FMV be for a used Lincoln 175 Plus?? Someone here is asking $1000 CDN. Is that reasonable?? It seems high but I don't know what kind of depreciation is accepted in the welding resale market... Anyone??

Thanks!

Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

and make sure you specify what region you live in. I think the default search site is San Francisco - which is waaaay too far for me to drive to pick something up (Texas kid).

~Joe www.joesweld> If any of you have a used 220V MIG with a variable power supply that's

Reply to
jp2express

Thanks for the Craigslist suggestion. I have been checking it regularly and right you are about SF being too far for me also.

Thanks, Andrew.

Reply to
AWN