market harborough fair

Hi

l am driving to the train fair at Market Harborough on sunday and am interested in N gauge (thinking of beginning a layout) and need inspiration. Does anybody know if this scale is well represented at these fairs as l have to travel quite a long way and do not want to waste my time if there is not going to much N gauge avaliable.

Thanks

Barry

Reply to
rail rover

Hi Barry, Are you referring to Layouts or trade stands?

I can't comment of the layouts as I simply do not know, but on the trade front there are still few items available in N gauge until Bachmann pull out their finger and produce the items they claim (or do)to have or will be producing....If you like GWR then there is probably a good choice at the moment along with Dapols new items, but expect to pay a lot more for items than in previous years... I had a shock in Kent last weekend (and put my money back in my pocket) when I saw the smallest of Bachmann(Farish) new wagons calling nearly £8 each! Peco is good for basic wagons, but there is a large gap in the 1950' -70's era without repainting if you ask me....

Hope this helps but doesn't put you off... Check out our web page for 2 N gauge layouts for more inspiration....

Reply to
Andrew Sollis CVMRD

Hi

Thanks for the information, l did venture to the fair but was very dissapointed at thelow level of interest in N gauge and the prices of what little there was. One good thing though it has convinced me to revise my plans and go for a trusty OO gauge set up a lot smaller in design but far more practicle in relation to avaliability and cost. Once again thanks for the info.

Barry

Reply to
rail rover