Re: LIMA class 20 spares

Providing waiting time and the extra cost presents no problem.....then why not buy the Bachmann 20's too. At least then you'll have the best of both worlds....

Regards,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Hi all,

I'm surprised that a remotored 20 runs badly. I've two with Mashima motors and they both run very well. Both are also on Ultrascale wheels and have large cast lead weights in the tops of the bonnet to provide the added traction needed but are otherwise standard (in the chassis department).

Tony Comber

Reply to
TonyComber

"TonyComber" wrote

Mine ran OK, just was incapable of serious slow running, so got rid and await the Bachmann model with some anticipation.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John,

From the above I would venture to suggest that your problem lay with your pick-up arrangements. It's surprising how often a few tweaks in that area will bring about an improvement. In fact it was the unreliability of conventional pickups that lead me to split axle construction for my home made chassis.

Tony Comber

Reply to
TonyComber

"TonyComber" wrote

No it was nothing to do with pick-ups just an unwillingness of the loco to run at the sort of low speed I can get out of virtually any (modern) Bachmann or Hornby product, and caused in my opinion by an excessively high gear-ratio added to a motor designed to run at high speed.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Out of interest, have a look on the Bachmann website - they have got a pic of the new 20 in the New for 2004 section.

Alan

Reply to
Gyle TMD

I have a pair of Lima 20's and to me they have the greatest tractive effort of anything in my fleet!

TTFN

-- Richard Adkins

Reply to
Richard Adkins