Lincoln Power Mig 300

Ok,got another question. Is the Power Mig 300 worth the price? I have a small shop without much room to store welders. I use my stick and mig alot and want to upgrade to tig also but I dont have the room for another welder. P.S. Anyone want to buy a used Lincoln 235 buzz box?

Reply to
tglenn

We have the larger powerwave line at work and I like the new units. You can get carried away with all the bells and whistles but I jsut like the way they give consistent starts. The consumption of tips has dropped to maybe ten percent of what it used to be on our old machines. You are paying for a power supply that customizes the current completely. The typical sine wave or constant DC flow of current is gone. Ours are less then five years old and purchased second hand. that helped save a few dollars otherwise we would not have had such nice machines. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

The Lincoln Powermig 300 makes sense for only one group. A small to medium sized shop that does a lot of aluminum fab.

As a TIG and Stick welder is is OK, but not what I would call a production machine for those. The Stick works great, but as a TIG is is DC only and very basic.

I think you would be better off to buy a TIG/Stick machine, that offeres AC/DC output so you can TIG aluminum.

You didn't say what MIG you have.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler