Lincoln tig 375 Any complaints

Im considering this unit to give me a good start in tig welding. My desire it to repair thin materials and to join difficult material. Art work and high tech stuff if i can.

The material seems to point to some of the latest technology in welding. Im wondering if the Microstart feature has any short term faults. or if there is any expensive issues i may be able to avoid from experienced users. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
P4_Squisher

A 375 is a BIG machine, both physically and in amperage draw. Are you sure you need a machine that big?

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I guess i don't need one at all. This is a want. While the weight is at 750 lbs one guy is not going to haul it off Does it draw more amps than it needs?

What i am sure of is. that i dont want to buy 4 of them to get to where the best is. Big is not an issue. From what i have read this unit is very good . With the readypak all i add is gas. Skill level will increase dramatically when you have a exceptional tool to work with.

Reply to
P4_Squisher

They are good machines, pretty much on a par with Miller's Syncrowave

350LX.

Personally I would go for the Miller, but he Lincoln should be just fine.

As long as you can feed and house the beast go for it.

Depending on how much money you are spending, a Miller Dynasty 300DX is a better machine, and has more capabilities being an inverter design, but the Lincoln 375 can go higher in amps if you plan on TIG welding

1/2" plate.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

experienced

dramatically

I do intend to make a trailer or two Maybe a boat and 1/2 steel or Aluminum will be evaluated . On car bodys, the crater fill arc mode, based upon what i have read The Miller has a problem ramping down very smoothly and trys to re-establish an arc. So maybe the inverter design is not the best for light materials or thin edge weld build up.

Reply to
P4_Squisher