Looking to hire a TIG weldor - permanent position, SW Ontario

If you're near-ish to Toronto (Erin, Ontario, actually) and you're a good hand at stainless TIG, then drop me a line. We're going to need a guy Really Badly and Really Soon at the shop where I work. If you know brake/shear work and/or machining as well, then that's a bonus.

Reply to
Mike Graham

I'd love to go, but the Commute across the border would be a bitch.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Yes. Yes it would. 8-) Adam will be hard to replace... he's a great guy. Yesterday I pulled a fast one on him that amused me greatly... I made two sets of parts that needed to be welded (very simple parts) and I handed him one set, and he welded them up, then handed them back to me, and as soon as he turned his back I said "Hey, you forgot to weld these." and handed him the other set of parts. The look on his face was *priceless*, because the parts were identical to the ones he'd just welded, but not yet welded, of course. Classic. It didn't take him more than a second to figure it out, but it was a fun second to watch. 8-)

Reply to
Mike Graham

Not to mention Ernie that toronto is a real, real long way from Renton....oh say about 4 days of steady driving!

Reply to
Gary

And especially hard now since my truck ate it's rod bearing last wednesday. I am driving a barely alive '89 Dodge Caravan loaned from a friend. Man this thing sucks.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Hummmm that sounds familiar. ;-) Good reason for me to get used to driving a stick (our other car being a similarly old Nissan).

Tim

-- In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!" Website @

Tim Williams

Understand - I had a steam explosion that took out the front end last year - glad it was the front end - but that bought the farm for that truck. The new short block would cost more than the truck.

Life in the fast track.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn