Making a headset band

I've got a question...is it possible to make thin SS springy?

I'm envisioning a headset, but instead of headphones and a boom mike, it has a boom mike only. I would like to make the headband (the part that goes over the head and normall holds the ear phones), out of SS, but I'd like it to be springy to sort of lightly clamp over my head so it'd stay in place.

John

Reply to
John T

Use sheet rock screws. It will never move

Gunner

Gunner

Or, if you don't have to take it off, how about pop rivets?

Dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Yup, poprivets are what I was thinking. Gunner's drywall screws do sound likely to work though, and quicker too- plus, they're removable if you want to take it off sometime in the future..

John

Reply to
JohnM

Reply to
Glenn

Yes and no. In theory it is, but for the "home workshop" then forget it. It's easier to find some stainless that's _already_ springy and then use that.

Whenever I change windscreen wiper blades on the car, I always keep the thin stainless strip that stiffens the rubbers. Handy stuff for this type of job, or for bending up into all sorts of spring.

Reply to
Andy Dingley