MIG feed roller groove

Looks like I'll have to make a new feed roller for my MIG as it now slips and looks obviously worn - obsolete machine no spares available.

What groove shape should I aim for - it is now rounded as you'd expect, but are they 'Vee' shaped, square edged or round when new?

Machine is BOX Autolynx 2 if anyone has a handful of rollers

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I would check at your local welding supply and see if there are any rollers for some other welder that would work.

If I recall correctly, rollers for steel wire are Vee shaped grooves and ones for aluminum are half round grooves.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

It depends. The most common are V shaped grooves. There's also U groove, and knurled U groove which are mostly used on soft or cored wire.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook