Mig wire size

Ok dumb question but I'll let you guys confirm it. I have an Auto Arc 4110 110v mig and I'm trying to weld 14 ga box tube. The weld is laying on top. Should I be using .023 instead so I get a better burn in? I think this welder doesn't have enough azz to burn .030.

Comments?

Trai'

Reply to
Trai' La Trash.

Correct.

110 volt MIG machines love 0.023" / 0.024" wire.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Kinda thought so but not used to a light machine. Guess I'm off to Boc gasses to get some wire.

Reply to
Trai' La Trash.

Problem solved!!! .023 works good in the machine and now my welds look like welds

Reply to
Trai' La Trash.