Military school

Just wanted to ask if anyone has ever been to the Metal Worker School, MOS

44B, at Aberdeen, MD. while in the Military. I have a son that just got there and will be starting soon. He worked with me for several years and decided to join the Army. He is already a good weldor so maybe it will be good to learn some extra. Thanks for any info.
Reply to
Paul Wilson

It could work both ways. He could learn a ton if'n he doesn't think he already knows everything. If he goes at it like a newbie, they will definitely teach him a LOT.

As a teacher, I'd rather have students that don't know anything than those with prior experience. Or worse yet, prior union members.

Just MHO, YMMV.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Never heard of it, but my Dad grew up in Baltimore and was stationed at Aberdeen during the Korean War. I'll ask him if he knows anything.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Aberdeen Proving Grounds comes to my mind. A very old base with History.=

APG is Aberdeen Proving Grounds

The Test Center...

Might try Google and add MOS

Maybe the website can provide data.

The following chart shows the primary enlisted Military Occupational Spec= ialties (MOS) for the United States Marine Corps, as well as the job training locations= for the specific MOS.

AR-1723-0009

MACHINIST BASIC NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (NCO)

Course Number: Version 1: 702-44E30 (44B). Version 2: 702-44E30 (44B). Ve= rsion 3: 702-44E30 (44B). Version 4: 702-44E30 (44B).

Location: Ordnance Center and School, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.

Length: Version 1: For Track 44B, 17=9618 weeks (632 hours). Version 2: 1=

7=9618 weeks (632 hours). Version 3: 14=9615 weeks (522 hours).=20 Version 4: 19 weeks (678 hours).

Exhibit Dates: Version 1: 12/85=969/86. Version 2: 10/86=9611/91. Version= 3: 12/91=969/96. Version 4: 10/96=96Present.

More info here:

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net=

NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn