Military school

Just wanted to ask if anyone has ever been to the Metal Worker School, MOS 44B, at Aberdeen, MD. while in the Military. I have a son that just got
there and will be starting soon. He worked with me for several years and decided to join the Army. He is already a good weldor so maybe it will be good to learn some extra. Thanks for any info.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It could work both ways. He could learn a ton if'n he doesn't think he already knows everything. If he goes at it like a newbie, they will definitely teach him a LOT.
As a teacher, I'd rather have students that don't know anything than those with prior experience. Or worse yet, prior union members.
Just MHO, YMMV.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

Never heard of it, but my Dad grew up in Baltimore and was stationed at Aberdeen during the Korean War. I'll ask him if he knows anything.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Aberdeen Proving Grounds comes to my mind. A very old base with History.
http://www.apg.army.mil/apghome/sites/about/history.asp
APG is Aberdeen Proving Grounds
http://www.atc.army.mil/ The Test Center...
Might try Google and add MOS
Maybe the website can provide data.
The following chart shows the primary enlisted Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) for the United States Marine Corps, as well as the job training locations for the specific MOS.
AR-1723-0009
MACHINIST BASIC NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (NCO)
Course Number: Version 1: 702-44E30 (44B). Version 2: 702-44E30 (44B). Version 3: 702-44E30 (44B). Version 4: 702-44E30 (44B).
Location: Ordnance Center and School, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Length: Version 1: For Track 44B, 17–18 weeks (632 hours). Version 2: 17–18 weeks (632 hours). Version 3: 14–15 weeks (522 hours). Version 4: 19 weeks (678 hours).
Exhibit Dates: Version 1: 12/85–9/86. Version 2: 10/86–11/91. Version 3: 12/91–9/96. Version 4: 10/96–Present.
More info here: http://www.militaryguides.acenet.edu/ShowAceCourses.asp?aceid=AR-1723-0009
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member http://lufkinced.com /
Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

-
Add pictures here
βœ–