Miller Synchrowave 300 vs Lincoln Idealarc 300

I have an older (60's) Idealarc 300 that works fine though I find it leaves the welds in aluminium some what contaminated. If I trade it for an 1985 vintage Synchrowave 300 will I see a big improvement in the cleaning action while welding aluminium? I have looked at the manual and it has adjustment to adjust arc cleaning versus penetration.

Stan

Reply to
sbaer

Yes the Syncrowave will be better on aluminum because it is a true square wave AC machine, while the older Idealarc is a sine wave machine.

Mind you both take a BIG power feed.

At South Seattle CC I got 3 Syncrowave 300's from Boeing. Nice smooth machines.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler