millernatic pulser

On the Miller site they state that the Millermatic Pulser comes complete with the Spoolmate 3035, but under the accessories there no other options for a better gun. I have never used that particular gun and don't like the looks/ergonomics of it (having used XR edge, 15 and spoolmatic 30A) Can you get this machine with any of these options. I would imagine so, but they don't say it anywhere I looked on the site. The other Millermatics (210,

251) I would be interested in have the option for them. I am mostly interested in the Edge gun and would like to hear from someone that has run one/owns one. Pros, cons, you know.

Thanks Drew

Reply to
Drew McEachren

Ernie,from what I heard it's on it's way.Since I own a powermig,and have been bugging Miller at the Hobart site,I think what they bring out will be pretty good.

I think if they made theirs with a better setup for switching between mig steel,and mig aluminum,they could put a real dent into the powermig sales.I got my powermig to change between dc tig,stick,aluminum mig,within 30 seconds.Also I can do the same between steel mig,stick,tig,but not aluminum.Their is only two ways to get all four processes within about a 30 second change over,one is use the spoolgun option or a separate feeder for steel.Both those ways you loose the synergic control,but it's probably worth it to somebody that doesn't want to mess with the change over hassle.I hooked up my Hobart

2210 feeder up,and it makes for a pretty cool package with the double bottle racks,and cable hangers.Everything is on the machine except the third bottle of gas you need to make it totally complete.That's where Western connectors come in handy.

Also the Powermig is a hybrid power supply(chopper)half inverter half tranformer.Which is fine by me,because I am not lugging it around.

Reply to
scott

Don,The powermig only has lift-arc,but does have start current,and upslope time,post-flow,weld current,but no down slope.It does have a pipe welding feature of dropping the amps when you push the tungsten real close to the work.That way you can control the puddle when using a button.You can use that for downslope if you want.It's kind of a cool feature that Lincoln does not even talk about in their manual.I kind of stumbled on to that one.I thought it was pulsing the arc.

Reply to
scott

I'll bet Scott is tesing Miller's answer to powermig 300 in near future and it is on the market next year or 2 at most.

Reply to
Roger