Powermig 255

Hi everyone:

I asked awhile ago about the Millermatic Pulser and 251, and now it seems that the local supplier has Lincoln Powermig255 on sale ($2439CAD, a bit cheaper than the list price on the lincoln website) How do the two compare. Pros/cons? Can you use something like a Profaxx gun on it, or are you stuck to the Magnum and Prince XL guns for Al? How troublesome is it to just run two guns? One gun with steel liner and one with Teflon and another set of drive rolls. Will it be cheaper and/or perform as good as the spoolgun.

Drew

Reply to
Drew McEachren

The Lincoln 255 is supposed to have a smoother arc than the Miller. Lincoln has a new low cost spoolgun they brought to match Miller's.

A Profax spoolgun should be able to be hooked up to any MIG made. All they make is aftermarket parts for other makers' machines.

he Magnum gun that Lincoln sells is really a Systematics Spoolgun that hasn't changed in 20 years.

The Prince gun is a few steps above that.

I still think the Miller 30A and the Readywelder are the 2 best spoolguns made.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler