Aluminum flux core wire for welder

Newbie wants to know if this this exists? I am thinking of getting a wire feed welder (non mig) and want to do some light aluminum welding.

TIA

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Nope.

As far as I know it has never existed.

In theory it could be done, but nobody has bothered to.

If you want to MIG aluminum, you will need at least a 220 volt MIG machine, like a Miller Challenger 175 or a Lincoln SP175. Price around $625.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Also what's really going to help is a spool gun. I'm fairly sure Ernie will agree.

Jim Kovar Vulcan, Mi

Reply to
Jim Kovar

Reply to
habbi

I just bought a Lincoln SP175 Plus and it works fine on aluminum. Never seen aluminum flux core wired though. I'm not knocking Millers equal the Millermatic 175, but the auto wire feed sensor sucks big time on it. I tried nboth of the welders for a couple of says each before I decided what one I wanted. Lincoln was the choice.

Around this area they go for close to $700 most of the time new. Alum feed accessory is optional and costs about $50 additional.

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy