More 4130 questions

How tough is 4130 to bend compared to mild steel? I bent the mild steel with a conduit bender by hand. The rings around the prop were curved using a big rolling machine. It shoudl handle the chromoly too, right?

Thanks!

Steve americanspiritppc.com

Reply to
Steve Thomas

You will easily break a conduit bender trying to bend 4130. Think draw bender.

this is the most popular one on the market.

Ernie Leimkuhler

Excellent information! Now what about cutting thin wall 4130? I just use a

14" chop saw wheel on the mild steel. Will it go through the 4130 also?
Reply to
Steve Thomas

You need to hook up with the home built airplane crowd, they know everything you want to know.

JTMcC.

Reply to
John T. McCracken

Thin wall 4130 will cut just fine with an abrasive blade. A tube cutter like plumbers use for copper also will make excellent cuts on thin wall 4130. Just don't get to ham handed and brake off the edge on the cutting wheel.

Reply to
FThera