My MIG welder cart.

Heres the webpage that shows my cart for my Hobart Handler 135

John

Reply to
John T

Geez, that oughta work well. The perf. sheet was a good choice.

How does the machine perform? I'd like to try some of these new machines.. but I suppose my old ones work pretty well, I figure I'm lucky to have them.

Don't forget to open the case and blow 'er out periodically, taking care around fragile innards of course.

John

Reply to
JohnM

JohnM wrote in news:42a420ab$0$14968 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.newshosting.com:

I plan to do something similar when the vacation start 10 days from now. Except I want larger wheels (10 inch maybe) and the machine on the lower shelf and stuff on top. Nice work there. Henning

Reply to
henning wright

I put my machine on top simply because I do most my welding standing up, so I wanted to reach the controls. Since the cart is going to be on my basement floor, I used some 6" wheels I had on hand, and bought the castors at HF. If I need to go outside or someplace else, I'll just lift the whole thing off and use flux core.

John

Reply to
John T

The machine performs pretty well, but I've only done 1/8" thick so far. I've got an upcoming project that will require me to do 1/4", but I won't need complete penetration though.

John

Reply to
John T

"Left side view of the cart. Notice flat stock used on this side to allow access door to swing up."

I received my cart when i bought my machine and had to cut the lip on the edge so the side panel would clear it. You thought ahead on that part! Your cart looks great, nice and sturdy and well thought out.

Walt

Reply to
wallster

Harbor Freight runs sales regularly with 10" pneumatic wheels and rims for about $5 each. Ball bearing, 5/8" center hole with various choices in tires. They seem to hold up rather well, are rated at

300lbs each, so 3 or 4 make great welding cart wheels. I use em for just about everything around the house and shop that needs to roll.
Gunner

Gunner

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

As I live in Sweden Harbor Freight is not really an option, but we have similar places here, that carry the wheels I intend to use, but thanks anyway for the tip Henning

Reply to
henning wright

you haven't missed much...

(stateside ex-Ericss> Gunner wrote in