My welding

Here are some welds I just did in my garage. I have not welded in almost a year and I was trying to basically lay a bead. I know they are probably pretty horrible:

I had a hard time with 7018. I have had all my rods in a closet in the house for several years. Think they have accumulated moisture? One of the pictures is with 6013. It was a lot easier I think.

Just wondered what you thought.

Reply to
stryped

Not bad, seems to be typical of my welds too...

xman

Reply to
xman

I think you need a few more years practice. And don't touch any trailers for at least ten.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Can you tell me what was wrong and how I can improve?

Reply to
stryped

"Stryped"

My advice in these circumstances because it's worked for me when I've been struggling - go back to practicing pad-welds (you build up a layer of weld metal on a plate by running parallel beads of weld). Get control of this then start to move onward, little step by little step.

The reason I say this is I think you have way too many variables in play with what you photograph to know where to even start...

Rich Smith

Reply to
Richard Smith

What varibles are you refering to?