Need Help

I have been following this group for some time now and maybe someone here can help me.

About ten years ago I conducted a training seminar for a group of engineers that were employed by a company located in Longwood/Orlando Florida that made medical waste disposal units for installation in hospitals. The neat thing about these units were that they utilized very large TIG torches arranged in a circular pattern to consume the medical waste. Supposedly 300 pounds of material was converted to about one pound of carbonized material. This material was completely inert. My problem is that I was recently asked about the company and for the life of me I can't remember. (Old age tends to do that!!!) If any one can identify the company name I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Bill Kehm

Reply to
Bill Kehm

How did they handle the resulting smoke?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

As I was only there to brief/instruct the personel about the TIG process, I was not privy to the workings of the device. They wouldn't even let me see inside the thing. They did show me one of the TIG torches, it was a straight machine type, not the "pistol" type. It was big, about 12-15 inches long.As I remember, the machine was about 6 feet square and 8 ft. tall. That's as close as I got. It was a small start up company and as I said I am trying to find out the company name, and even if they still exist.

Bill K

Reply to
Bill Kehm

Bill Kehm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com: