Recomended welder in or near Everett, WA?

I'm going to have a small job welding up a couple small aluminum castings before too long and was curious if anyone had a recommendation. Thanks!

Reply to
carl mciver

use a welder?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Sorry...didnt put two and two together..title and content. Are you looking for a person to do the welding, or a machine?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I need someone to do it for me. Sheesh! :)

Reply to
carl mciver

Hit up Ernie Leimkuhler. He's down in Renton, but he's the best TIG weldor on earth as far as I'm concerned. ernie AT stagesmith DOT com

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
Gerald Cooper

Ouch! To what little credit I can give myself, it seems the AWS uses the term interchangeably, noting so in a statement I found somewhere. I was never very comfortable with the term's spelling anyway, FWIW.

Reply to
carl mciver

don't feel bad ,he is just pulling your leg. :)

Welder is the person performing the job...welding.

the tool used to perform welding is : welding machine.

if you are 60 year or older than you may call your self "Weldor" :)

:)

Reply to
acrobat ants

Didn't mean to cause an "ouch". Carl.

Apparently AWS has cleaned up their own act on this, according to the guideline in the link below:

carl mciver wrote:

Reply to
Gerald Cooper

look on page 2 it is still messed up , see gas tungsten arc wekding

AWS Terminology

gas metal arc welding (GMAW) gas tungsten arc welding (GMAW) groove radius incomplete fusion cross-sectional sequence oxygen cutter* oxygen cutting porosity residual stress root face root opening shielded metal arc welding solder surfacing welder,* welding operator welding machine welding torch or cutting torch workpiece lead welding wire

Reply to
acrobat ants

It was just a pinch. Keep it up and I'll start to enjoy it. ;) That does state that "weldor" is a nonstandard term, FWIW. I really don't care; I use both when I'm not thinking clearly, so all the discussion is fun anyway.

What could possibly be such a minor thing in anyone's life that would cause some to get all worked up over things like this is completely beyond me (actually, I used to do similar things, and I still don't understand why!)

Reply to
carl mciver

Reply to
RoyJ

I think its the term welder/weldor that sometimes is confusing..least to me..sigh

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Well, I did make it clear that I had more important things to do in my life, and that line comes to mind: "Those that can't do, teach." I almost said I wish I could live an easy life like that, but then again, how shallow do I want to be?

Reply to
carl mciver

| | I think its the term welder/weldor that sometimes is confusing..least | to me..sigh | | Gunner |

I won't hold it against you.

Reply to
carl mciver

Reply to
Glenn

Aha! You remembered what I needed to start with! I am truly impressed! Give yourself a _second_ cookie!

Thanks, I'll go check him out.

| > Well, I did make it clear that I had more important things to do in my | > life, and that line comes to mind: "Those that can't do, teach." | > I almost said I wish I could live an easy life like that, but then | > again, how shallow do I want to be? | >

| |

Reply to
carl mciver