newbie to the group.

Hi everyone. I'm new and wanted to introduce myself.
I'm 23 and in school right now for welding and fab. technology (graduating
in october).
Anyhow, my favorite process I'm learning would definitely be TIG. I like
working with aluminum and stainless for the most part.
Take care,
Ry
Reply to
amplified
Welcome Ry.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
Welcome, Ry. There's a great bunch of folks in here. Have fun.
rvb
Reply to
Rick Barter
Welcome! You'll learn a lot here, especially from Ernie L. Don't forget to use Google for searching the archives of this group. A lot of stuff already there.
Lane
Reply to
Lane
Thanks for the warm welcoming guys. I'll be around for quite a bit since I now have a dedicated news server :)
Reply to
amplified
Do us a favor and do not top post...It is easier to read a thread if you reply on the bottom of a post.
Thanks
Reply to
Doobie
Are you serious ?? Am I the only one who considers it a PITA to scroll to the bottom of every message passing what I have already read 8 times just to find the relevent part of the reply ??
If this is in fact the "proper" way to post then of course I will live with it, although I'd much rather see just the reply and not the original post over and over.
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Sellers
No. I hate it too and will usually not bother. It's a sign of laziness when a poster will not snip all but the relevant portions and reply right after........Just my opinion....
Reply to
Bullfrog
"Bullfrog" wrote in message
OK, thanks ! I thought maybe I was doin it wrong and I didn't want to irritate anyone !!
It really is alot easier when the messages are "cleaned up" a bit. The way Ernie L..edits and puts his answers where they need to be within the original post is nice also. I know others do this too, but the names escape me at the moment.
I will try to emulate the masters !!! (posting and welding)
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Sellers
The "proper" way to post is to trim quoted material to the minimum required and add new text at the end.
There is nothing more annoying than to scroll down through several hundred lines of quoted text to get to a single line of new text (usually something like "me too" or "I agree").
Reply to
Jerry Gardner