New guy to the group

Hi all. It looks as if I, like a lot in this NG would like to get into aluminum welding. I have a Century buzz box that I try to stick pieces of
metal together with. I have a steel dock that I did a bit of rework on this winter, and lo & behold, one of the nuts that I had stitch welded to some light wall square tube broke when I tightened the bolt down. Pretty sad considering I am a welding inspector. (Flame away) Anyway, I am thinking about building a new aluminum dock frame this winter, as I think I can probably buy a decent wire feeder setup & the materials for the cost of a new dock. What I am wondering is with all the tight angles, and small runs (1" - 1 1/4" square tube), if I may be better off with a TIG unit? One thing that I have to keep in mind is that this is more of a hobby than anything. Unless of course someone really likes my cool new dock & wants me to build one. :-) Any thoughts on this? I see some Lincolns, and Millers in the $500 - $600 range that may be OK. (Plus Al spool gun). The TIG units I have seen look to be considerably more. ($1500 range) Thanks in advance for any advice.
Paul

You could just buy a Readywelder spoolgun and run it off your buzzbox.
www.readywelder.com.
You will want the model #10250. I have had one for over a year and it rocks.

Any idea about the streetprice on this unit, and if there are any dealers willing to ship to scandinavia?
/peter

$375 - $450 US dollars.
You should contact Readywelder and see if they already have a European distributor.

Hmmmm.. I can get a decent looking (?) 230V welder for that price ( regular household outlet voltage is 230 VAC here, 3 phase is 400VAC )
I dont really need the portability... any suggestions? /peter

Hopefully one of the guys on that side of the pond can make a recommendation.
All I know are the brands in the US.