I like this ... that's all

Simon

Reply to
Simon Roberts

Yeah we have only been doing it in "3 way/4 way" switch loops for a little over a century. You know we have this "wheel" thing going pretty good now too ;-)

Seriously that is how that light that you can control from the top or bottom of a stairway works. You can put as many "4 ways" in the middle of those "travelers" as you want.

gfretwell

"we" he says. typical.

go ahead, make one, Mr. Firestone.

no it isn't. like i said I live in a preemie and don't have a basement. and if I did why the hell would i put this circuit in?

that's a long staircase.

what the f$%k are "travelers"

Reply to
Simon Roberts

And BTW can you read subject lines?

Reply to
Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts

Every time I use a hole saw.

To control the light from different places. It doesn't have to be a staircase, that was just an example required in the electrical code.

The 2 wires taking the signal between the multi pole switches in the diagram below.

The answer is you might have a 4 way with the intermediate switch on the landing for each floor between the ground floor and the top floor if there are more than 2 stories. You can also just have a room with more than 2 doors and want a switch at all of them.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yup, that looks more like your level pal

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

You don't know my level.

Reply to
Simon Roberts

Since you do not know, here it is, my level

Simon Roberts

I have a fair idea of your electrical lack of knowledge and an idea of the chip on your shoulder by looking at your responses to people trying to help you.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Bullshit.

Reply to
Simon Roberts

I'm a "professional" engineer asshole.

Reply to
Simon Roberts

Don't take on any electrical projects ( For the safety of the customer )

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Yeah, I might end up punching them. Hee Hee.

Reply to
Simon Roberts

DO YOU KNOW WHAT ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING IS YET?

Reply to
Simon Roberts

I found out, it's blokes who reckon they are hot shit designing things but don't know about multi way switches. ( Other than net searches )

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Who helps design all dem switches and all things electricians use. Don't get me wrong. I have a deep respect for electricians just not you.

Reply to
Simon Roberts

Do you know where your at, YET. FOOL.

Reply to
Simon Roberts

I have to wonder about an engineer who has never heard of an LM 317 and doesn't seem to know how to find out. I also wonder about why you are so impressed by a very simple circuit involving 3 switches and a light bulb. Where did you get your degree and what state has certified you?

Reply to
gfretwell

You can wonder all you want. Ever hear of a Civil Engineer.

I have a good or pretty good design FOR WHAT I MAY WANT. I know perfectly well how to find out. Your arguments are DUMB.0

I also wonder about why you

I'm impressed by the wheel.

Who the f&ck are you?

Reply to