What is it? (Amateur POST04)

Here is the fourth post in the series. As usual, I will try to answer quest
ions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are prov
ide via dropbox. There is one composite image per tool.
This metal tool is approximately five inches long. There is a round metal r
od with a 95-degree bend (slightly overbent to create a little less than a
right angle) at one end. At the other end, the rod pierces and is welded at
90 degrees to the midpoint of a hollow metal tube.
formatting link

A nine inch long metal tool in the adjustable vice grip family. When closed
, the jaws form a rounded square with two small semicircular dips on opposi
te sides. A second opening in the shape of a rectangular slot is also forme
formatting link

A heavy steel tool 67 inches long. The bottom end has a square cross sectio
n ending in a dull four-sided point. The tool is slightly bowed but it is n
ot clear if this by design or from use.
formatting link

A metal tool approximately eight inches long. The handles are kept open by
a simple expansion spring requiring four pounds to oppose it. One jaw has a
pivoting metal semicircle attached to it. The other jaw has metal disc wit
h tabs extending from it. The disc can be rotated to select from ten differ
ent tabs. The tabs are numbered [22,25,26,28,30,32,35,36,38,40].
formatting link

L Flynn
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Looks like a pull rod for dent repair. Drill a hole, tip goes into hole and gives you a handle to pull dent.
Similar to the tool above but used with pull studs, this clamps on to give you a handle.
Someone stole mine... It's a digging bar, used to dig in hardpan or to break up dirt/rock.
Gapping tool for plugs. Mine is abused and newer...
Reply to
Steve W.
I put the wrong link here. It should be.
formatting link

Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.