Door Bell Buzzer "tap"

For a remote (from chime) but "near" transformer for door bell power.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f41mrdcbop1jqa0/MIS%20BASEMENT%20DOOR%20CHIME%20TAP.jpg?dl=0

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:35:44 PM UTC-5, Simon Roberts wrote:

MAJOR FLAW.
Would this work? (Improved?)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iu33ve2mfli3b9p/AABXNfj1AxTp7FNJJYmJqRAWa?dl=0
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:52:58 PM UTC-5, Simon Roberts wrote:

Ooops! I meant this: ( will this work?)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/413l9jef0u4jhzd/IMG_0001.jpg?dl=0
On 17/01/2018 10:35 AM, Simon Roberts wrote:

If you have to run the cable to the remote buzzer why not just parallel the bell ??
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 14:24:59 +0800, Rheilly Phoull

He is trying to pick off 1.4v but I think he needs 2 more diodes in that shunt around the bridge because .7 v will be lost in the bridge. I doubt the door bell that exists will miss the 2.1v he is stealing but it might not quite as loud. I do think I would go another way tho. How much current does the 1.4v load need?
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 2:02:09 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

E%20TAP.jpg?dl=0

Perhaps a circuit between the capacitor and the 'buzzer' with say a battery (supply) would suffice. The capacitor voltage would only indicate that the (a) button was depressed. High input impedance between the capacitor and the (powered) buzzer or chime or etc.
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 10:02:40 AM UTC-5, Simon Roberts wrote:
:

.
IME%20TAP.jpg?dl=0

ry (supply) would suffice. The capacitor voltage would only indicate that t he (a) button was depressed. High input impedance between the capacitor an d the (powered) buzzer or chime or etc.
Like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x4z3tezh3s6eus/WORKS%20LIKE%20A%20CHIME.tif?dl =0
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 11:10:27 AM UTC-5, Simon Roberts wrote:

te:

er.

CHIME%20TAP.jpg?dl=0

lel

tery (supply) would suffice. The capacitor voltage would only indicate that the (a) button was depressed. High input impedance between the capacitor and the (powered) buzzer or chime or etc.

=0
I have the polarity of the bridge reversed.
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:18:17 -0800 (PST), Simon Roberts

Seems like a lot of work when you could just use a LM317 to drop the voltage, one diode to rectify the signal and a capacitor to smooth things out. Hooked up in parallel to the existing chime.
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 4:00:52 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

:
te:
wrote:

power.

%20CHIME%20TAP.jpg?dl=0

rallel

ge.

battery (supply) would suffice. The capacitor voltage would only indicate t hat the (a) button was depressed. High input impedance between the capacit or and the (powered) buzzer or chime or etc.

?dl=0

I do not know what you are talkin' about.
On 18/01/2018 8:53 AM, Simon Roberts wrote:

The LM317 is s 3 terminal to220 device, an adjustable voltage regulator so that could be used to lower the voltage and instead of the full wave diodes use 1 for a half wave supply, with a decent cap that would be Ok for your purpose.
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 11:27:41 PM UTC-5, Rheilly Phoull wrote:

te:

ote:

rote:
wrote:

ower.

20CHIME%20TAP.jpg?dl=0

rallel

ge.

battery (supply) would suffice. The capacitor voltage would only indicate that the (a) button was depressed. High input impedance between the capaci tor and the (powered) buzzer or chime or etc.

if?dl=0

I still don't know what your talking about. I'll just by a button together with a remote chime, ok? And BTW, I don't have a purpose. I live in a pre -manufactured house and can hear anyone knock on the door anywhere I am in my home.
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:20:25 -0800 (PST), Simon Roberts
See if you can find a dolphin instead.
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 1:28:05 AM UTC-5, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:

LOL.
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 23:15:16 -0800 (PST), Simon Roberts

Yeah... they almost respond the same. Take you from point A to point B.
One just wiggles in the water a bit differently than the other.
You could make a doorbell that has the sound of "Flipper" when the button is pressed. You'd have to be old enough to remember what sound I refer to though.
And you can then sell it in Japan for a huge profit. If you can handle the fact that they want to eat it. :-)
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 8:42:12 AM UTC-5, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:

holy crap, man. it's so rudimentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdWN59fEzIE