Nitrogen when welding?

When do I use nitrogen for welding?

Reply to
tree worker

Never seen nitrogen used as a sheilding gas, it will react with the hot metal... I have used Nitrogen for plasma cutting when we were having trouble getting dry air.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

When TIG welding 2205 duplex you can us 1 or 2%.

Richard

"tree worker" wrote in message news:eb13a$51056149$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Reply to
AMW

does it look / handle any different using Ar / N2?

Evidence I have seen suggests lose about 2% to 5% ferrite when TIG weld with straight Ar. That's metallurgical - but as a welder-ther-person do you see a difference? Rich S

Reply to
<void

Honestly I haven't welded much of this, I don't believe there is much of a difference.

Richard

Reply to
AMW