Pictures of my mini welding table

I found a relatively square 3/16" plate at home, and made this mini welding table, to be held in vise. It is very small and for use only to weld small things. It is, however, placed nicely on the right height level, when mounted in a vise.

I decide to NOT use the cadmium plated plate for welding due to health hazards (after Roy's post I googled for cadmium welding and found some unpleasant facts).

Ignoramus8511

========= zinc is not much better -- google on "zinc fever" or goto

Be careful of breathing any [metal] fumes.

Unka George (George McDuffee) ............................. I sincerely believe . . . banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale. Thomas Jefferson (1743?1826), U.S. president. Letter, 28 May 1816, to political philosopher and Senator John Taylor

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

As far as I understand, zinc is a lot better than cadmium, though zinc fumes are nasty to some people too. (not to all people) I welded a few galvanized things and, with exception of one dubious case, did not have zinc fever. They were not large welding jobs, though. Like welding those casters to my crane legs, for instance. After one instance I was not feeling too well, but that happens for other reasons also sometimes.

Cadmius fumes are very deadly, it is a heavy metal.

Ignoramus8511

Iron to is a heavy metal.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

The body uses iron and can dissolve it. Cadmium is foreign and poison to the body.

I know lots of lathe and metal workers that have metal slivers in the face and hands. This doesn't kill them - but I have heard that motorcycle repair people had CAD issues as they constantly touched the pretty bolts on cycles. Rubber gloves helps prevent that.

Some of the odd this and that in steel does also hurt mankind but we need molly ourselves.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Nick Müller wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn