Pipe Beveler

Does anyone have an Idea as to how I can bevel 2 inch Schedule 160 pipe for welding testing ?

I don't want to spend MEGABUCKS on a system but will do what it takes.

Has anyone ever made a beveler for your own use?

The angle should be 37 1/2 degrees

Two inch Schedule 160 is aprox. 2.375 inches in dia.

Any info would be appreciated.

Reply to
Gary Tomada

The other approach to consider is to adapt an electric pipe threading machine (normally cuts external, tapered, pipe threads) with 2-4 cutters to produce the desired bevel. Use a manual advancing mechanism to push the pipe into the cutters.

How many pipes per day would be processed?

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

If you are just doing tests then have the pieces turned on a lathe. You also can rig a cutting torch to bevel the edge as it is turned in a powered chuck. if this is just for yourself you can grind the bevel with a big angle grinder. Randy

I don't want to spend MEGABUCKS on a system but will do what it takes.

Has anyone ever made a beveler for your own use?

The angle should be 37 1/2 degrees

Two inch Schedule 160 is aprox. 2.375 inches in dia.

Any info would be appreciated.

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

Thanks for the suggestions.

The cupons produced will be for my own use.

I might as well use Gas as I still have to cut them and prepare them to do the bend test.

At least I have my own bender.

Regards Gary

Reply to
Gary Tomada