Plasma arc cutting

Having just purchased a thermal arc plasma cutter I was wondering what number filter I ought to use and how dangerous is all that vaporized metal to my lungs? thanks chris

Reply to
chrsbrbnk

i just bought one too, i use a #5 up to 30 amps, and at least a dust mask if you dont care or better a hepa, stainless steel is the real problem, chromium and nickel are unhealthy things to breath in. please note I am a newbie, I am NOT a pro. This is just based on what i have learned before from this newsgroup and other online sources.

Reply to
bob