Plasma Cutters..

Over and over this group reccomends the Thermal Dynamics Plasma cutters.

I was about to purchase a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 51, alas as I was searching for the best price I found the

Thermal Dynamics Drag Gun Plus.... Looks like similar specs with the built in air compressor...

Other units with the built in air compressors have looked like toys, alas this one claims to do a quality cut on 1/2" (13mm) steel.

Does anyone have any experience with this? If the two units are close in perfromance the hassle reduction of not having to run an air hose would be worth some minor loss in capability. this is for serious hobby use, not industrial fabrication.\

Paul

Reply to
pbreed

Ignore the last post.... I got thermal dynamics and hyper therm confused....

The choices are Hypertherm Power max 600 vs the drag gun plus... From the feed back on this group I think I'm going with the Hypertherm 600

Paul

Reply to
pbreed

How long have you been reading the group? Most of the recommendations are for Hypertherm.

Pete C.

(Loving my Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3)

Reply to
Pete C.

You want the Hypertherm with the G3 torch. The last I knew it was only on the 1000 and up. Supposed to show up on the 600 and down in the fall perhaps, presumably after they use up the stock of G2 torches. I see they are offering G3 retrofit kits for older units as well.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.