plastic welding question

Since the group name doesn't say anything about this being restricted to metals.... ;-)
Picked up a 'plastic welding kit' at HF today for a few bux, and I'm trying
to do some work on my 'new' car - for some reason Honda decided to make plastic fenders and header panel. Not sure what kind of plastic it is though, and some of 'em are gonna need some filler. I've got ABS, PVC and PP filler, but don't know which one to use!
Anybody have any ideas on how to figure out what I've got?
Thanks!
Jeremy

Likely they are ABS or Rynite. Rynite is used a lot in car door panels.
I would expect that due to international recycling requirement the panel should be marked indicating what plastic type it is, as should all plastic parts on the car. This may only apply to a newer cars as you didn't say how old it is.
JC wrote:

trying
and
Sorry 'bout that - it's an '87 CRX. I'll see about pulling a panel and finding a marking....
Thanks