Problem;

I'm having a stick welding problem,every time i weld,the welding rod gets longer and longer and my work suffers a deep grove.Could this be caused by reverse polarity? I now have a pile of 3' welding rods and lots of groovy work.

Reply to
Jon Howard

You may not be aware of it, but reverse polarity runs the power meter backwards. Call Puget Power and get them to read that meter right now. If it runs far enough, they will be making your house payment. :-)

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Reply to
Larry

From a quantum mechanics standpoint, this is possible, Pretty damn unlikely, but possible.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

I think you are runing a single phase welder on 2 phase power mains. Always cuases problems like this. I had the same priblem with a MIG machine. I kept filling up welding wire spools, and all my projects fell apart.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote: (clip) I kept filling up welding wire spools, (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I thought that was how welding rod was made.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I've experienced a similar problem, only it was my nose that kept getting longer and longer ...

Sincerely,

Pinochio

Reply to
Andy Wakefield

Reply to
alphonsewdjr

I'll say this,you people have a great sense of humor.Enjoy reading your post.

The Latin meaning of politics. Poli, meaning " many". Tics, meaning " blood-sucking creatures".

Reply to
ClamBed1

I think you have the stinger clamped to the table and the rod in the ground clamp.

Reply to
Rich Jones