RAMSOND 3-in-1 ?????

I'm asking for a frind. He's an artist and wants to do welding and plasma cutting...on the cheap. Mostly sheet steel. Does anyone have any opinions on:

one he is looking at is :
or bad for the price?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

Buy quality and cry only once. This product is so good, the link is already broken.............

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote in news:jn9iv7- snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

See if this will non-wrapped URL:

Ken Moffett

Shit at any price.

Ignoramus30509

Definitely complete crap, they are imported by hundreds and sold under private labels like "ramsond". Dozens of them show up on ebay as broken.

Ignoramus30509

You asked for advice. Spend your money on a machine with a track record. Something that you can find parts and service for five years from now. Or even five months from now. I'm sure that there are many quality well known machines that people here could recommend. Off name and manufacturers are suspect when it comes to parts and service, and even being around a year from now. Usually these machines have weak electronics and don't last long. If your friend needs one cheap, buy a trade name used. It's no bargain if it gives up the ghost in a few months. And you're stuck with a boat anchor and no way to do work.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Those ramsonds do have a track record, of being complete crap, that is.

Yep.

Ignoramus30509

Ignoramus30509 wrote in news:EYidnRR_OrtACLvQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Thank! Just wanted some affirmation of what I was thinking. I'll pass it along.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

I hit the first link , took me right to the page with the welder/cutters . -- Snag Learning keeps you young !

Reply to
Snag