Re: TIG Rods

As I new TIG welder, home workshop stuff I am seeking advice on the best rod

> to use with my Dynasty 200 DX for welding aluminium and steeol. > Most of the Ali is extrusions, small sections, and the steel is furniture 1" > square. > The seel rods I have are copper coated, made in australia and have PZ6500 on > the packet. > I have some Ali rods 5356, 4047 and 4043 but I don't know which are the most > suitable for the extruded Ali. (and I should mention some sheet and checker > plate). > Advise on good methods to store the rods would also be appreciated. > Thanks in advance. > regards > John Allen. > >

Check Alcotec's website for aluminum alloy info.

As to steel, the basic alloy is ER70S-2

Most steel electrodes are copper coated to prevent rusting.

Keep rods dry and in tubes if possible to reduce oxydation.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler