Schematics for Thermal Arc Welder

I've got a Thermal Arc LS300 in which the TIG function doesn't work. Stick works great. The repair guys say it needs a new Main Circuit board, for the measly sum of $1300+. I'm not interested in paying that much to fix this. As it stands, it's a really nice inverter stick welder, but I really want that TIG function, especially the foot control.

I'm an electrical engineer, so I'd like to take a stab at fixing the main board myself. But the service manual, which Thermal Arc was very nice in sending to me, doesn't have schematics. Basically, they have a few tests that point to the Main Circuit Board. And they're unwilling to send the schematics, as is reasonable.

So would anyone out there have a copy of the schematics of the main circuit board, and also the front panel? The front panel has enough circuitry on it that I would probably need this to help debug the main board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Marc

Reply to
Marc Godbout

A lot of the boards in inverters are sealed in a layer of epoxy. It makes it harder for dirt and metal grit to affect the circuits, but also makes component level repairs impossible.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler