Smaller than normal MIG torches?

Is there such a thing as a smaller than normal MIG torch to get in awkward corners in multi tube car chassis? It would be really handy to have a spare torch and liner that was a good deal smaller in physical size, and maybe rating than the average one, does anything like this exist? Cheers.

Reply to
Chris

MIG torches certainly do come in different sizes and yes, it does make a difference, certainly to me at my modest skill level. A smaller torch does make sheet metal work easier in handling and seeing past the shroud at your short stick-out dip-transfer welding.

I guess that if you have a "tiny" torch attached to a big MIG machine, you have to simply know not to turn up the power and weld anything thick without changing to a bigger torch.

RS.

Reply to
Richard Smith

I personally do not like Bernard guns but they are popular. One option they have is a swivel neck in a variety of angles and lengths.

Go through the order sequence on this site and you can see the range available. I have seen these units used to get into some very awkward positions. A swivel neck should solve your problem. When you have to have to crawl down and hang upside down inside the stem of an aluminum vessel that is getting bad.... especially when you have to rely on a buddy to pull you back out. Randy

-- Best Regards, Chris.

Reply to
R. Zimmerman