"Heli-Braze" using TIG

as some of you know i'm working on a turbo header project. after getting some advice i will now take a new approach to my TIG'ing. i was told i could use this flux-free "heli-braze" filler with my TIG to make a corner bead where tubes meet up with the flange on the outside. its makes a white bead when it cools. its 304 SS tube to a mild steel flange. what type/brand of "heli-braze" should i use?

thanks

Reply to
kryptoknight

Krypto, if in fact the two materials you are joining are 304 SS and mild steel, you can GTAW with 309 SS filler. If you would rather GTA braze the joint, investigate a silicon bronze brazing alloy that may go the trade name Everdur. I had a little experience with this years ago. It was applied to the joint by positioning the filler rod in the joint, applying the arc to the filler, and melting the filler into the joint without melting the base materials.

Reply to
Ipeak

one fab'er guy i spoke to said that he heli-brazes the outside and does regular TIG on the inside. the outside is just for support.

i just dont know what exactly "heli-braze" filler is....

Reply to
Kryptoknight