Square tube bender

I am looking for a Square tubing bender that can bend tubing up to 1" square X 063 so I do not have to cut and weld.I would use mostly 1/2 - 3/4 X
063 I know Steve B. is talking about one but the pics I saw do not look like they can bend that size. I will not snip and any help. I am to new at this.. I am making a oxy weld hand cart and just tying to make it look good, then I will make other things that will need the tubes bent instead of cut and weld.. Looks better to me...
--
From the desk of Don D. "Pegleg"

This shows the bender: http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Products/2020.htm
This shows the square dies: http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Products/tdr.htm
Thanks Zorro I looked at this site. I looks like that I need, But sure takes a lot of attachments to do all of what I see on there... Just to play for myself. I am going to have to do a lot of sucking up this year with the wife... Just to start I may have to find a way to make a simple bender to hold me over.. I like the site one just to muck at this time... The dog just do $2000.00 for a broken foot and ripped ligament from a horse. Another set back..

If you just need a few every now and then... I've seen others post links to places where they sell elbows etc. in the common sizes in 90's, 45's and maybe some others. If you like I'll search for some links or maybe someone here can help. You can always use the HF cheapie to bend solid stock and weld it in place. Only you and I will know your bends are solid metal.
If you want to check some out that will help.. Two heads are better than one.. I know HF has one that looks like the heavy duty one from the web site, but what do you mean "You can always use the HF cheapie to bend solid stock and weld it in place." Are you meaning making a jig and welding it to a solid plate to work from? I may be way off as normal.

to places where they sell elbows etc.

can always use the HF cheapie to

are solid metal.

Here's a link to a message I posted a short time ago about cheaply making a square tubing die for use with the cheap HF bender:
"http://groups.google.com/groups?q=tooladdict+bender+square+tubing&hl=en&lr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=8o1Wa.294512%24nr.12246010%40twister.southe ast.rr.com&rnum=2"
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

You
bends
Solid material is easy to bend because you can't crimp it. You can buy solid 3/4 square bar, bend it to your desire, and then weld the bend to your tube frame project. Here is one of the cheap benders that does thick pipe and solid stock. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber2888 I've tried it on thin tube and just got frustrated with kinks in the tube. It is frequently on sale for $69.99.
As far as buying elbows etc., here is an example of what I meant although this place only has a few sizes. http://www.kingmetals.com/Pages/CatalogIndex2.html

"Zorro" < snipped-for-privacy@juno.com> wrote >

Oh, I thought I might save a tree or two... unless the physical catalog is more complete than the online one. What do you say?

more complete than the online one.

some
for a

The electronic one is much harder to take into the bathroom.
--
Steve

(Disclaimer ON)
Oh, I gotcha. Many of my projects are planned in the "library". ;^)

-- Steve

this..
Bending square tubing is a bitch without special equipment.
Consult decorativeiron.com for rings that can be bought that are made out of square tube. You just cut out the arc you need and weld it in. Kind of cheating for the purist tube bender, but useful for many things. If you have a wrought iron supplier in your area, you might be able to pick up some there. The rings are made VERY well, look VERY good, and the arc you cut out will be true.
Steve
I bought the Grizzly floor bender which is identical to the HF model. I think I would buy which ever I could get the best price on. They look identical. Then I bought a 3/4" square tubing die from SHOP OUTFITTERS. Its the cats meow. Does a beautiful job bending the 3/4" tubing. You will have to replace the original pins as they are too soft and will bend. For 1" tubing you will probably have to beef up the handle also. You can make some new pins from drill rod or use stripper bolts like I used.. You will need to buy a separate die for each tubing size. I would start out with the 3/4" size. That size tubing is pretty strong and you can usually get 14ga for the same price which gives you a pretty strong tube. That size works fine for me. Made a nice cart for my Dynasty using that size
Oh hell, on second thought if I had it to do over I would probably buy the whole outfit from Shop Outfitters. The tubing die I bought from them is quality made and I would assume the rest of their products are also.

this..
Man, You all filled me full tonight. Everyone went to bed and I am still jumpen pages looking at all the links you all sent over. I did see a bender http://www.jd2.com/ What do you think about this one? I even found a pipe cuter that may work for when I have to build the fences for the horses out of pipe http://www.lowbucktools.com/notcher.html that will help in saving time. I need to find out if it will cut 1/8 or thicker or would that be 10 gage?
I just had to stop and take the time to thank you all for your time helping me look and dropping web links, I would not have found any of this stuff out there..
( OT I have to find something different to do more off my feet with in the next two years or I will not be able to walk any more... As you see on my name "pegleg" is a give away.. I have one peg, and the other has had a blood clot in the past and now it has caught up to me. Bad thing is I am just over 40 and hard on my feet.. So I am going to see if I can find a new trade in small welding projects from window and door guards, and or anything else someone wants to have made. (even making the wife's horse panels so she can get off my back) I did not say that, Did I?
Sorry for being long winded. Just wanted you all to know why I am asking for so much... No time to learn so much.
--
From the desk of Don D. "Pegleg"

"bitternut" < snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net> wrote in message
Not sure if this is relevant but the current edition of street rod builder shows them bending 1/2 tube by pressing a rod into the inner side and then bending in a vice. The pictures weren't clear as to whether the rod stayed taped to the tube while the bending took place.
"Don D" ( snipped-for-privacy@cox.net) writes:

Well how would they get it out afterwards? Seems like a simple solution.