bench top sq bender

Would this HF bench bender bend 063 1" sq tubing? or maybe 1 1/2" sq. Would I have to pre-heat the tubing also?

Don D

Invalid number

I presume you mean

It might do the 1", not 1-1/2"

D> Would this HF bench bender bend 063 1" sq tubing? or maybe 1 1/2" sq. Would

Reply to
Roy J

yes that is the one... Sorry brain fart, forgot I did a search to find it.

Reply to
Don D

As it says on the web page, round, square, or rectangular solid bar stock. That bender will not bend tubing with any kind of satisfactory results. Look at

for a tubing bender.

von

Reply to
Von

It won't bend square tubing without buying or making a die specifically for square tubing and even then it's tough to get a good bend in 1" and I doubt it would do anything larger at all. I've had good luck with 3/4" square tubing but 1" didn't work so well.

As someone else pointed out, look at

You might also want to look at

They have a more sturdy version of the HF bender and the dies to go with it but they don't go over 1 1/4" square.

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).

Reply to
Keith Marshall

IMHO this is quite possibly one of the best and most versatile benders available for a small shop. These are quite pricey though.

I have one of these and got the 1" square tube die set for it. It bends beautifully formed 180s in the square tubing.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn