Tenryu blade repair?

I just blew out some teeth on a Tenryu steel-cutting blade (the 7" size, in a Skilsaw). Can teeth be replaced economically, and if so, where could I get it done? Or would repairing it cost as much as a new blade (~$45 + shipping, IIRC)?

Thanks. Bert

Reply to
Bert

Just a WAG, but I'd say no hope. Not economically, anyway. If you do not have a local shop that can do it, then you would have to pay shipping on top of any "per tooth" replacement charges, plus the cost of a full sharpen to get all the teeth even.Then you have a saw blade that could very well dump another batch of teeth as soon as it gets put back in use. As that seems a preordained comeback in the making for the saw shop, I'd bet they charge accordingly.

I'd say to cut to the chase and buy a new blade.

Been wrong before, though. :-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Usually most saw shops won't touch the 7-1/4" blades. Just not worth it. Next time buy the blade from Harbor freight. Their version of that blade is only $12.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie, what SKU is that blade from HF?

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Probably buy a new blade but if you give me the name of a city I will give you the name of some saw shops.

Tom

Reply to
president

Albuquerque.

Reply to
Bert

Wow, a quarter of the price and I can get it today if the local HF stocks it. What a deal! Thanks. Does the HF version cut as cleanly as the Tenryu. I've just recently started using the Tenryu/Skilsaw combination based on the recommendations I've seen in this newsgoup and I've been very impressed.

Bert

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Reply to
Bert

Am I missing something? I could only find HF steel cutting blades in

10", 12" and 14", no 7"/7-1/4"

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

Yeah, me too. So I call HF Cust Serv, with the # of their 7 1/4" metal cutting saw and asked about replacement blades. They said "That part has been discontinued". So they sell the saw, but your SOL on repklacement blades!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I have yet to see one come through the door in condition that would render repair any cheaper than replacement. What happens is the teeth go and the plate behind them gets damaged and perhaps another half dozen teeth have damage you didn't see. Buy a new one.

Reply to
bamboo

Really odd. I just searched and you are right, the 7-1/4" blade is gone from the harbor freight list.

Oh well, you can buy them locally from Tool Town. The Elliot Ave. store in Seattle has them from another import tool company for about $20.

That still beats the $45 to $55 that Matsushita, Tenryu and Morse want for their's.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

It seems Harbor Freight yanked their's, but I can still get them for $20 locally. I will see if I can f>

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler